Thursday, 11 October 2007

Bad Blogger

Hi my name is Jen and I am a Bad Blogger...... okay so as usual I have an excuse, I was without my computer for over two weeks. The power cable was frayed and I was worried I would nuke the 'puter if I used it, so I (actually DP) ordered a new one. It took over two weeks to get here, pretty slack service I think.
Anyway so I am back again with fresh ideas and ideals of hoping to post more often. Perhaps I should put our new wake up time of 5am to use and post then. Could be tricky as Jed still wants to sleep even with Tiger bouncing around in the bed with us. Yes Spring has definitely arrived, Tiger now arises with the sun every morning....hey I'm grateful it's not with the birds! But I'm still having trouble even cracking the eyelids at 5.
At the beginning of the month we bid a very sad farewell to our friends who have left us to live in Dubai. Selfishly I'm still a little weepy and Tiger still hopes to see G at Steiner each week ,but we really do wish them a wonderful life in their new home.... the first pictures look gorgeous and the girls look very happy and settled already.
The veggie patch is in, well started... we have lettuce, tomatoes, beetroot, spinach and silver beet as well as some herbs. Everything is growing well so far and I haven't had to do anything much except water them each day. Plus we have had some glorious rain and even some summer type storms... Tiger got to collect his first hail earlier this week, bit of a rite of passage for him.. he had a great time and was soaking by the time he had filled his container, I didn't have to freeze it for him though, so that was a bit of a bonus as my freezer is quite full and I am waiting on the butcher to get some more organic chicken in, which will fill it completely.
The other rite of passage Tiger has had in the last days is that he is now completely toilet trained in the day... did it all himself in just about three days without a single accident...I am so proud of my big boy.
Jed has cut another bottom tooth, he was quite grumpy last week and still hasn't quite recovered his equilibrium, but perhaps that means another tooth is coming. He shares our bed every night now and is the most considerate of bedfellows, he really doesn't move all night! Hope that doesn't change any time soon lol. He has also decided that if he is not able to crawl about then he will just create a loud noise until he can. He doesn't like to sit in his high chair and watch too much lately, not enough doing, going on. He is growing so fast and changing into a little boy now, not the baby he was..we are on the countdown to his birthday well and truly, 16 days to go!
School holidays with the big kids were a blast, we didn't do a lot but just hanging out with them is so much fun now, they have grown into such fabulous people. It is lovely to be able to have real conversations with them and to hear their opinions and ideas.
Not much else to report just busy, busy as usual and trying to fit in some quiet, at home days.
Right now I am enjoying the sounds of two golden boys playing quietly together...so lovely that Jed is now able to interact with Tiger, he makes all the "brumming" noises as Tiger pushes the cars.
Time for dinner...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen, I've just discovered your blog thanks to your lovely comment on mine. I'll be back (said in a Schwarznegger voice)-- so you'll just have to start posting more often;-)

Sarah said...

The world is very small indeed. I just found your blog from RhondaJean's and was reading along when I noticed you're missing some friends who've just moved to Dubai. It seems that I know them! I've just met your friend, and lovely little B&G, we met through a Natural Parenting group here in Dubai. I'm an Aussie far from home too, and it's lovely to have a like-minded soul to meet up with.

elflyn said...

Hi Kate, thanks so much for visiting, and saying you'll be back....I often wonder how many people visit us on the mountain :)

Hi sarahaha, the world is indeed a small place... make the most of L while you have her as we want her back lol... we also met through a natural parenting group, it is always lovely to be able to chat with like-minded souls!!

Lisa [strickerin] said...

OMG

I have to say that was not something I expected to see. Hi Sarah

Missing you heaps too Jen. Our Thursday trips up the mountain are something I think about as each week ticks by xxx

elflyn said...

Mmmmwah to Lisa!!
Jenxx