Thursday, 18 October 2007

The Real Rhinoceros

Last night I went (with Jed) to a Sacred Women's Circle. I have been looking forward to going since being invited about a month ago. I have to say I wasn't disappointed, I had a wonderful evening of sharing and meditation with a group of fantastic women. All of them incredibly strong and very centred, it was a real honour to be there with them and to feel a real feminine aura. I think I need a little of the feminine as I am in such a male environment most days. Jed was an angel and went to sleep... it was the first time I had been out at night on my own (as such) since before Tiger was born. It felt quite strange to be driving home in the dark lol......
On a more mundane note I found out yesterday that I need root canal therapy and a crown fairly urgently. I will be researching the effects of Novocaine on breast milk before I sign up, but I need a course of treatment that involves at least 5 visits over the next 10 weeks. This is such a hassle to organise as we all have to go, I can't leave Jed behind whilst I disappear for hours. So DP has to leave work and take the trip with me. On the other hand in a strange way I am actually looking forward to getting my tooth fixed as it was becoming a real pain in the A. The temporary fillings always fell out after a week or so, and I'm over putting up with the hot/cold sensitivity....
Today we went for a play date at a friend's new house, it was a lovely morning and Tiger played well, with only a couple of minor altercations over toys and turns etc... on the way there we drove past a large concrete rhinoceros which is on display outside a business, the conversation went like this....
Tiger - "What's that?"
Me - " It's a pretend rhinoceros."
Tiger - "Ahhh, I saw one of those yesterday!"
Me - "Did you? Where did you see it?"
Tiger - "At The Farm, it was in the avocados, it was eating the leaves, it was okay, 'cos I looked at it but it didn't bite me!"
Me - "Oh good, I'm glad it didn't bite you"
Tiger - "Yes, I don't want a cincerus to bite me, but it would be okay, cos....it get better!"
Me - " Are you sure it was a rhinoceros you saw?"
Tiger - " Mmmmm....... (insert long pause whilst he decides) Yes! I'm going to tell Daddy I saw a real cincerus, I know it was cos it looked at me!"
It is quite possible that what he saw in the avocado orchard yesterday, whilst at The Farm was a cow and not a rhinoceros, but hey, who am I to argue with the three year old??
That little moment set the morning up quite nicely, I love it when their imaginations start to kick in.
We have a quiet weekend coming up and DP has been given a reprieve from working at Indy. Yay!!! I'm looking forward to spending some time together.
Inspiration - Women's stories and rhinos.

Enjoy your weekend....

2 comments:

The Tin House said...

Jen - how gorgeous. I hope you record that conversation on a note for him when he's older. I can't help you with the novocaine question, but there are bound to be that, plus one or two alternative pain relief choices. Give the surgery a call to find out so you can do your research. I can tell you I busted my front teeth while breastfeeding #1 and had multiple root canals over the course of a week. I can thoroughly recommend Sensodyne toothpaste as well for those sensitive bits too. It really works but it's pretty expensive....not nearly as pricey as the root canals though!!!

The Tin House said...

Jen - what a lovely chat you had about the rhino. Make sure you record that one for posterity. Re: dentistry and breastfeeding. I had multiple root canals while feeding #1 and it was fine, but I'd add these were emergency ones after I smashed my face on some concrete. I'd also highly recommend Sensodyne toothpaste. It's pricey but it really works.