Standby for the deep and meaningful post......
Isn't it interesting what people decide to do with their lives! I was watching TV one day a couple of weeks ago and I saw this girl being interviewed. I realised that I had gone to school with her. After a few moments of envy, (I mean the girl lives in France and edits lifestyle/home decorating magazines) I began to think about choices and decisions and the paths we take. I also went to school with this girl and although some of her choices were a little different to some I might have made, she made a huge impact in highlighting the plight of whales.
I haven't become famous for saving whales (or the other thing) nor have I gotten past looking at Lifestyle magazines in the newsagent, but the path I'm walking is wonderful and those I share the journey with even more so. I'm so glad I made the choices I did!
Then Rhonda over at Down-To-Earth wrote this post so my thoughts seemed quite timely really.
Okay back to reality..... so much for my predictions of Spring last post. Following that we had rain in SE Qld. Fantastic, we filled our tank and the garden started to look a little greener. However it is now officially Spring and I can't wait for Springy things to start happening. Better get planting!!
Jed has decided that he will not go to sleep at night until at least 8:30. Which means of course that I get very little me time in the evenings, evident from the lack of posting here, and the lack of anything remotely crafty being completed. I still haven't even begun on Jed's birth sampler, guilt is starting to set in now!!
I have however been baking a lot. DP has declared orange cake to be his favourite, Tiger likes Jam drops, so this afternoon is a baking one. I think we might try something a bit different and make some of these.
We have been celebrating birthdays recently Happy Birthday to our friends Kira and Ben and also to Kira's little sister Imogen who had her very first Birthday and joined us earthside on the 6th of August. Very special (and belated) congratulations to her lovely Mama. More parties next weekend and then soon it will be Jed's turn. Oh my he will have been with us for a year, such a short time and yet I can't remember what it was like without him here. Although I do fondly remember a full night's sleep lol.
Surprisingly I have two napping (at the same time) boys at the moment so I'm off to fit in some me time now. Hope everyone is enjoying the first days of Spring.
Inspiration: Seeing the concentration on Jed's face as he puts the blocks in and out of the container.
Hearing the absolute joy in Tiger's laughter as he was pushed along on the flying fox at the park.
So much delight in discovering the world.
Monday, 3 September 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
So many birthdays, so little time! And precious little time to catch up...Jen, you are a wonderful mother to your two rascally boys! It's almost impossible to believe young Jed will be one shortly - the same date as my Samantha who will be twelve. And Tiger is also growing up so incredibly quickly! He is such a beautiful boy. The last time I saw your two eldest they were developing into young adults you can be very proud of. Time flies....as far as cooking goes, your lasagne is the best I've ever had (the girls too). I still remember when years ago you made a large batch and froze some for us for when we needed it...that's what close friends do for each other. You have achieved so much and have so much more to achieve with your own life, and those of your little ones....keep looking towards the future and 'keep on blogging'!!! Much love....
Jen, reading this post reminds me about a few of the famous faces I went to uni with. I see them on the tv news and listen on the radio every day, and yet I don't envy them. (actually, I might envy their figures, and subsidised wardrobes....) Perhaps I might have ached for their "good fortune" a few years ago, but not any more. You and I know what's good!
Post a Comment