Monday, 31 December 2007

Welcome to the New Year

I don't make New Year's Resolutions as I am so very disappointed when I fail to live up to the resolve by about my birthday (January 4th) so this year I will say that I have made a list of things I would like to achieve and/or change but it is a list that is open to change and adjustment as well. Hopefully this will negate any feelings of failure and disappointment for me.......

We have had a lovely few weeks, spending lots of time together and even getting away for a few nights break at the beach. Our first holiday for three years!!!! The weather was good, not too hot and the kids got to swim and laze about. Tiger enjoyed the pool but was not so keen on the beach and Jed had a little splash in the pool with his Daddy. Jed is turning into a little boy so quickly now and makes sure we all know exactly what it is he wants. He also has learnt to give out kisses and leans in with his mouth wide open and makes ahhhh noises. He will blow a kiss as well, but his favourite thing at the moment is to sing the "Welcome" song we sing at Steiner playgroup each week complete with the actions.... too cute!

Christmas was spent quietly at home, everyone received lots of presents and ate lots of food. We were a little fewer in numbers than we expected as DP's Grandmother fell down her back stairs on Christmas Eve and fractured 5 ribs... she is 88 now and we are still a little concerned for her recovery. She is home though and DP and his Mum went to see her on Christmas Day after lunch and reported that she is in excellent spirits. Nothing ever seems to put her down for long.

Three days after Christmas we celebrated a birthday...yep I am now the mother of a 16 year old!!! Once again I had a few moments of reflection and time thinking back to special moments we shared when it was just him and me! He has grown to become the most amazing kid, so sweet natured and kind to his little brothers and sister and so full of jokes and fun and he likes a lot of the same music that I do.... amazing!!! Anyway I have some photos of cake and candle blowing out but I have to wait for DP to download them before I can post so.. next time. In the meantime I have one of the birthday boy and the littlest little.
Not too sure where the old woman came from!
I also have the promised photos of chairs and aprons to show you...yay!!

See I told you the chairs were the perfect shade of blue!!

My beautiful blue checked apron with Christmas ornaments and lots of other goodies spilling from the pocket. Thank you Cathy!

Here are a couple of quick pics showing the appliqued singlets and felt crowns I made for my nephews for Christmas.

As modelled by Jed!

They seemed to be well received and have been worn and used for dress ups already.

Okay time to dash, see you all in the New Year, stay safe and well however you celebrate!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Happy Birthday! It's my Dad's birthday too!