Rather cute baby if I say so myself... the cardigan has plenty of mistakes, but I have to say that the yarn was extremely forgiving and Jed can make pretty much anything look good...maybe we should sign him up for baby modelling lol.
The birthdays have come and gone.....
First Mim.....now a gorgeous 13!
Once again we seem to have been very busy, so much so that I have been seriously guilty about how much I have been resorting to convenience and using packaged biscuits instead of baking. Also as I load another pile of washing into the dryer, I have to realise that there just aren't enough sun hours up here to get the clothes completely dry and a "finish off" in the dryer is acceptable. Especially when you have a 3 year old and an 8 month old with colds at the moment. On top of having his first cold Jed also has been cutting his three top teeth, all at the same time!!
Lately I seem to have lost my inner "eco- warrior" that was born when I was in high school and wanted to go to Tasmania and help with the Franklin River protest. My mother wouldn't let me go but I desperately wanted to go and freeze my butt off and save a river from a dam..... it was also at the same time that I became a real vegetarian, since lapsed.
I have been thinking a lot lately about what I can do to lessen my impact on the planet. I have been getting loads of inspiration from blogs that I am reading at the moment, so many people doing so much better than me... I am feeling really time poor, but I think that a good routine and making some lists might help with that. I have always been completely hopeless at making lists, but possibly at this time in my life I need to think less about what I should be doing next and actually do it, so that I get something achieved. Some routines and meal planning will help lots...at least then I will know what I need at the shops and stop impulse buying.
So my goal for the next week is to write up some routines and try to organize myself a little more. I really need to find some more time though...where to look for that???
Look over here Mama.....

3 comments:
Wow! Firstly what a beautiful cardi. You did a tremendous job.
Next, I have said it before and I will say it again, you have beautiful children.
Finally I dabble in a bit of flylady action. There is stuff about menu planning there too I think. (not my bag)
xxxxxxx
Thank you for your lovely thoughts about the children....
I'm a bit scared of flylady, I think I'm way too disorganised lol.
Post a Comment