Thursday, 21 June 2007

Birthdays

We have had a busy few weeks with special birthdays and one more to come.
Mim turned 13 last week. We celebrated with presents and cake. Now Tiger sings "Happy Birthday" to everyone, although he does mix up the words with the welcome song we sing at Steiner and "Twinkle Twinkle" Of course I had a few moments of nostalgia looking at her baby photos and remembering the milestones and firsts...... first bike, when we took the training wheels off her bike, she cried for 2 hours until she realised she could ride on the grass. The Easter that she made me a "fabulous eye egg", it took me hours to work out she meant "Faberge". I still have it hung on my mirror. She really is a wonderful, lovely kid and is growing up to be so beautiful, but it's all happening way too fast. Where has the little baby girl gone? The one I used to put in pretty dresses and who used to hold my hand when we crossed the road. The one with the toothless smile?
Happy Birthday, Darling Mimxx

In two weeks Tiger will be three, it really seems it was just yesterday that we found out he was going to be joining us earthside. He is a joy and and a delight, with such a giving nature and wide open heart, I love him with all of mine.....



Okay... so who isn't jealous of these curls, we have no idea where they came from, but they are pretty amazing aren't they?? He doesn't want to have a haircut, but I guess we might have to do something about it before he starts at school.

Happy Happy three wonderful little manxx

It has turned really cold, we have had the heaters on all day and all night for the last two days. Tiger really felt it up at the farm yesterday, but he had a great time gathering kindling in the avocado orchard. He still loves helping, I just have to find the right way to channel his enthusiasm so that we all benefit.

School holidays start next week, I am looking forward to spending time being able to talk with the kids rather than just chat. We will have to plan some activities that don't cost too much and that Tiger can enjoy as well. Probably a good place to start would be the vegie patch which still has no vegies in it...yay something for all the kids to do and hopefully the bonus will be that Tiger actually eats something other than carbs.. oh well as he is so fond of saying "we'll see".

Oh and DP had a birthday this week as well, Happy Birthdayxx

No comments: